What is an STSM?
4th grant period (May 2016-April 2017)
The aim is to promote individual mobility within the COST Action’s scientific objectives.
A STSM allows a scientist to spend a short period in another institution of another country to foster collaboration and strengthen networks, and at the same time allow applicants to learn new techniques or gain access to specific instruments and/or methods not available in their own institutions.
STSMs are especially for Early Stage Researchers (ESR):
- PhD students and
- post-docs max. 8 years after finishing PhD
Geographical balance must be taken into account.
Please coordinate the applications from your country: if you send several applications at a time, please give the STSM committee the order in which you wish the applications to be assessed.
- A minimum duration of 5 working days
- A maximum duration of 3 months (for ESRs up to 6 months)
- A maximum of 2 500 € for a mission of ≤ 3 months or max 3 500 € for a longer mission.
- Please note that the grant is reimbursed. COST does not pay any advancements. The reimbursement of STSMs is not intended to cover all expenses. Please apply a precise sum.
- The reimbursement rate per day is 160 € maximum (more economical forms of accommodation are encouraged than a hotel of this price).